What you will need:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes.
- 1 onion.
- 1 tsp each of coriander powder, kitchen king, chhole masala, haldi.
- A pinch of heeng.
- Salt to taste (I put in about three quarters of a tsp.).
- Jeera for frying.
- 4 tbsp oil.
- Chopped fresh coriander OR Kasuri methi.
What will happen:
What you gotta do:
- Finely chop the onion to a paste, preferably in a grinder.
- Boil the potatoes till they're soft.
- Peel off the skin and cut into pieces about an inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan till it starts to let out smoke.
- Add the jeera, stir till they turn dark.
- Add the onion paste. Keep stirring till they turn brown.
- Add all the masalas.
- Add the peeled potatoes and keep stirring so that they are uniformly fried, for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Kasuri methi or fresh cut coriander and serve hot.
What you don't want happening, but will happen anyway:
That's all, folks. Making aloo is simpler than "easy as pie".